5 February 2015

GUIDE TO gift giving

I've hit that year of my life. That year where everyone around you is starting to turn 21. There's a 21st every second weekend.

21st parties tend to go hand in hand with 21st gifts. Which I don't resent at all, in fact I really enjoy shopping for gifts for my friends and looking for the right card. I've even found myself enjoying the card part more than the gift part.

I have two 21st parties coming up soon so I went shopping for them both to save some time later. Look at the cards I got, they're adorable. Greeting card companies sure have lifted their game, honestly. Kudos to them for most improved business and services.

Pleeeeease ignore my terrible nails.

Honestly, sometimes I think I could keep the cards I buy. I have absolutely no use for them, they're a useless item to keep laying around - yet I want them, because they're cute.Regardless of how much I like the cards, the gift itself is the part that takes the most thought and consideration.

For one friend I purchased a pair of Pandora earrings in her birth stone, Garnet. For the other I bought a shirt online of her favourite member of One Direction, Louis, with angel wings on her back.

I think gift giving is really all about thinking about where and how you connect with the person you're buying for. If you share a strong love music, I'd lean towards a gift to do with that. If this person is someone you consider a dear friend, I think it's really good to spoil them with jewellery or perfume.

Sometimes it's hard, you're not sure who else is buying for this person. I've found recently a lot of people are buying the Pandora birth stone rings, which is why I went for a bit of a different option with the earrings. You don't want two of the same gifts. Sometimes it's good to think a little bit outside of the box.

What's your favourite gift you've ever received?


No comments:

Post a Comment