7 February 2015

HAIRSPO the lob

Sources: Lucy- Instagram // Lauren - Instagram // Kate - Getty // Taylor Swift - pbs.twimg

Recently there's been a huge spike in celebrities sporting a 'lob', which is essentially a long bob. The list is endless. My favourite lobs right now probably belong to Kate Mara (bottom left) and Lucy Hale (top left).

Shorter hair is a lot easier to manage and maintain than long hair. I know myself, as someone who had very long hair, that it would take me an hour to do my hair properly in the mornings. That's a ridiculous amount of time, so usually I wouldn't do it properly. I'd twist it into a bun and let it sit while I got ready, then when I took the bun out I'd have messy waves, which never felt put together.

With shorter hair there are shorter drying and styling times. A quick blow dry, straighten or curl and you're good to go. There's also need for a lot less product, thank god! Long hair can be a drain on my finances, always have to replace shampoo, conditioner and whatever treatments you're using.

After years, and I mean years, of growing my hair out I decided to experiment with a lob. To be fair, I didn't go as short as the women above. I was nervous I wouldn't like the end product, so I went a couple of inches longer that your usual lob.

After one month of living with shorter hair I want to go shorter. I love the length it's at now, but I want to play around with my hair. In the end it is hair, and it will grow back if I don't like it. My first big chop is the image below, and I'm about to take about another 5 inches off that.

I'm also considering messing around with the colour. I currently have a dark blonde colour, more on the warm side though. I'm thinking, with the fact that we're heading into an Australian Autumn, of going a little dark and ashy. Nothing too dark, I don't want to wash myself out, but a bit darker for the cooler months.

I love Lucy Hale's colouring above, I even love the little ombre ends. I'm thinking something like that and if I don't like it I can just dye over it. That's the beauty of hair, nothing is permanent, it grows, it changes and you can always fix it quickly.

Is there a style you really want to try? Maybe a cut, or perhaps a colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment