10 February 2015

NEW IN January

This post is delayed, like super delayed. It's because I really wanted to take pictures using my DSLR and not my iPhone, completely justified if you ask me. I haven't included swatches because these are all relatively old items that have been swatched to death. I've included links to some swatches and other relevant posts.

I was on a bit of a no buy for the first half of the month as I was saving my funds for while I went away on holidays so I could splurge. I didn't end up splurging as much as I thought, but here's a bit of a review of the products I did buy.

I love this primer. It's the MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion primer. I am prone to really dry, really sensitive skin. Unfortunately their are some irritants in this product that I usually try to stray from but so far so good. This was the best option for dry skin like mine. My makeup glides on smoothly and flawlessly when I use this. I love it about 100 times more than I love my Benefit POREfessional. Also can we just talk about the bottle? It's like a dark purple with sparkles and I want to keep it even when it's empty.

The Mac pigment was an impulse buy. I've always wanted a pigment, but I was always leaning towards Melon after watching Rachel's Youtube video. Unfortunately I tend to get really red, a lot, so the lady at the counter thought that Tan would be a better option. I'm really glad I went with this one now, it's a bit more universal than Melon. Melon is a bit of a Summer colour, where as I think Tan is a more of a neutral colour. Here's a comparative swatch of Melon and Tan by Corallista.

I wanted Fix+ but I walked away with the Mineralize Charged Water. Apparently it does the exact same thing as Fix+, but with the added bonus of nutrients that benefit the skin. I ended up buying it. The promise of added nutrients had me sold, I love my skin and pride myself in taking care of it. So far it works well for foiling the pigment, it also works well as an overall setting spray and a refresher when your makeup is looking a bit dull towards the end of the day.

The NYX Eyeshadow Base was a buy out of frustration. I have the jumbo eye pencil in milk, which is basically this item's counterpart, but no matter how I freeze it, no matter the size of the sharpener I use, and no matter how gentle I am, it has ended up looking like the picture to the right. Oops. So I decided to get a potted version, a lot easier to use if you ask me.

I love the colour of this NYX Butter Lipstick. It's the shade Licorice (yum) and I think it's going to be perfect as I head into the cooler months here in Australia. It's really no secret that I love cooler months because of the fashion and makeup. Here's a swatch by xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good things about the NYX Butter Lipsticks, licorice looks like an amazing colour! xo

    ReplyDelete