3 February 2015

THE 1975

I went to a concert for quite possible one of my favourite bands at the moment, The 1975. I absolutely adore them, I can't get enough of their music. I went to one of their concerts late last year and I managed to catch one of the drummer's, George Daniels, drumsticks.

This concert was just so much better, even though I didn't catch another drumstick. It was a bigger location, the vocalist (Matty Healy) was a lot more sober, and they interacted with the crowd beautifully. 

At one point Matty came out with this amazing quote:
'The world focuses on boring things like gender, race, sexuality, religion. Here we all are because of music, music transcends all of that".
The set list was superb, they even played their most recent song which featured in a re-scored version of Drive. I got separated from my friends during the concert but found I wasn't lonely at all, I was surrounded by people who I shared one common thing with - the love of the music.

During one song Matty Healy asked us to hold hands with whoever was next to us, and we didn't hesitate. I held hands with two complete strangers, everyone smiled and no one was uncomfortable.

The uniting feeling of concerts are amazing. Even when you're 'alone' you're not really lonely. I really appreciated the music a lot more being alone, I'm even considering buying tickets to more concerts in the future just by myself.

It was quite possibly the best concert I've ever been to. I hope you enjoy the pictures I've included.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really listened to The 1975 before but it sounds like you had an amazing time at the concert. I love that uniting feeling as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such a great band! Matty Healy is such a babe, sounds like you had a brilliant time. I love that uniting feeling at concerts too - it's incredible. xxx

    ReplyDelete