24 February 2015

BEAUTY LOOP level 1 box

Australia's beauty store equivalent to Sephora (even though we just got our first Sephora, halleluja) is easily Mecca. Mecca Cosmetica, or Mecca Maxima, stock a lot of beauty brands you'd find at Sephora or Ulta in the United States. Mecca is my favourite place in the whole world.

Similar to Sephora's VIB point scheme is Mecca's Beauty Loop point system. The more money you spend the more perks and freebies you receive. Every quarter your Beauty Loop level is calculated and you receive a goodie box based on your level.

I myself am only Level 1 of 3, although I am only $50 away from reaching level 2. And so yesterday while buying a moisturiser from a Mecca Maxima I was able to pick up this quarter's Beauty Loop Level 1 box.

The Level 1 box includes four sample sized products. Usually two skin care and to makeup related samples. I'm never usually a fan of the skin care samples as I have super sensitive skin, so I usually palm them off to friends. I am however super excited about this quarter's beauty samples.

The Ciaté mini paint pot in the colour Sugar Plum is definitely my favourite item I received this quarter. The colour is so cute. As Summer is winding up I can't wait to use this for the warmer months. I've never used a Ciaté nail polish before. If I like the formula I definitely see myself repurchasing this colour for next Summer.

The Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is another item I'm super excited about. I have a new found love for primers. I still swear by the Benefit POREfessional for my pores on my cheeks and chin but Hourglass is sucha  great brand. I love my Ambient Lighting Palette to death, so I'm sure this another product I'll repurchase.

Both the skin care items I will be re-gifting as I'm really not a fan of using skin care sampled on my already temperamental skin. I'm very careful about what I put on my skin and am weary to use samples. I prefer talking to the salesperson and purchasing an item better suited to my skin than using free samples.

The products are the Verso Super Eye Serum and the Kate Somerville Kateceuticals Restor8 Serum. I'm sure both are great products for someone with normal skin and will definitely report back when they're used by someone. But for now, they'll be staying right where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment