15 February 2015

Quay Australia x Shay Mitchell

All Images // Source // Quay Australia
I am a huge fan of the TV show Pretty Little Liars. Because of this I am a huge fan of Shay Mitchell, the woman who plays Emily in the hit show.  I've been following her on Instagram and have dutifully awaited the release of her eyewear collaboration with Australian bran Quay (pronounced Key).

There have been tweets, Instagram posts by both Shay and Quay and teasing promo pictures. The day has finally come, a few days ago the line was released to the public on their website and I have one word drool.

I am a big advocate for sun protection. I live in Australia where the most prevalent type of cancer is skin cancer. A huge part of preventing skin cancer is sun protection from UV rays. Common places for skin cancer include the hands, back and face, especially the delicate skin around the eye area.

It's imperative that we look after our skin and cover up as much as possible to protect ourselves from harsh UV rays, and why not do it in style?

The line is flawless, looking at the pictures of Shay modelling each piece is like flipping through a high end magazine. It's not just the style of the glasses that makes you want them, it's Shay wearing them that does the most selling.

I have a couple of favourites from the line, but I think the best is the Tilly Gold and the Vesper Black. I find the shape of the Jinx and Tilly styles particularly flattering. I'm desperate to make a purchase, but I think I'll be careful and buy a pair a bit more suitable to winter. I'm all about that cold weather.

Check out the full line here on Quay Australia's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment