21 February 2014

NEW nars sheer glow in fiji

I recently decided to get my skin colour matched to a good quality, high end foundation. I've forever been using Rimmel's colour stay in Ivory which I thought was a pretty good match but I wanted something with a better, dewy formula. After hours researching the best high end foundations for sensitive to combination skin I decided on Nars Sheer Glow.

I am a HUGE Nars fan. The majority of my high end makeup is from Nars. Living in rural Australia, I purchase my makeup though the store Mecca Cosmetica's website. Unfortunately, one cannot colour match themselves properly online. So I made the 2 hour trip to the big city to one of Mecca's stores and popped myself down in a chair. A lovely lady helped me choose the perfect match. We swatched 4 shades and picked a shade a little warmer than my natural tone as it was early summer and I wanted it to transition well into my summer tan.

I ended up with Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji. It's sooooo beautiful. I can't get over how flawless my skin looks with it on. I apply it first with a foundation brush and then work it in with my fingers as my sales assistant at Mecca told me the foundation works well when worked in with your hands. It applies and blends extremely well and doesn't leave me looking cakey or, on the other end, too shiny. It's a lovely dewy finish that makes me look like I've just been sitting out in the sun like a model, not the sweaty, red faced girl I'd usually be. On particularly hot days where I know no amount of primer or finishing spray will set my makeup well enough, I will set it with a translucent finishing powder and it doesn't appear cakey.

Although it's only the first high end foundation I've tried, I'm completely sold and how my skin looks wearing it. I'll definitely be heading back to Mecca to be matched again in Winter! x

No comments:

Post a Comment