4 November 2014

INTRO 2015

Another year has passed and I'm horrified in myself. One of my main goals for the year was to blog more, and from the looks of it I have failed miserably.

I do it every Summer, put so much work into my blog, have all these plans, write it all down, and then ignore it when it comes to the academic year. 

On the plus side, this year I was published for the first time (granted it was on my own university's publishing platform) which was exciting. I also attended and covered a lot of interesting events (Ice Bucket World record attempt, say what?). 

I also learnt how to edit my stories in different ways and on different online platforms. For example, I learnt how to use Storify to curate social media posts to create a story of some kind. My particular post was on Australia's Bachelor and all the Bachie drama that followed the finale - well not all the drama, because one moth on and the drama is STILL unfolding.

I also learnt a bit more about myself and my values. I'm still as confused as ever, I'm tossing up whether I really want to be doing this, or if I want to teach. And if I want to teach do I fork out the tens of thousands of dollars for a Masters, or go right back to the beginning? 

If I can make a career out of writing it would be amazing, but I am so disheartened by the lack of opportunities. I've devised a plan to get some kind of work experience in the next few months, whether it be in print media, or in radio or television. I NEED SOME EXPERIENCE ON MY RESUME PLS.

Soooo we're here, the end of another academic year. I have all the time in the world to blog and write. And who knows, I may start writing pieces and start submitting them here and there. But one things for sure, I am still confused as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment