1 January 2014

Perfect Nars lip combo


I am a huge fan of Nars. Ever since I went and got my makeup done at MECCA for a ball I attended, where they used a majority of Nars products on my face. I loved my makeup that night and made the effort to go back and purchase the same blush and lacquer they used on me.

The lacquer was Chelsea Girl, a nude beige. After one application I wasn't so sure that it was the right product, until I realised that my artist had used a lip liner underneath. So I went to Myer purchase a lip liner only to realise I had no idea which colour would match best. In the end it was a toss up between Fantasia and Tonga. Tonga was more of a pink nude while Fantasia has a slightly orange tint to it, which would provide a more coloured lip.

I opted for Fantasia and fell in love with the combo, it was just like my ball makeup. I'm not a major nude lip fan, but this is my go to combo for when I want to rock one. I do find that after an hour or so my lips bleed a little, which is weird considering I'm using a liner. The bleeding makes the colours look a lot orange than they are, so in order to keep my lips looking awesome, I reapply the gloss and clean up my edges as much as possible.

Fantasia is my first lip liner so I'm eager to branch out and try different shades and different brands. I'm especially excited to try and rock a red lip/liner combo. Leave me your favourite lip stick and liner combos!

No comments:

Post a Comment