5 January 2014

Lorac Pro Palette

Bless my grandparents and their constant need to travel. They recently spent 6 months in the US on holidays and while they were there I got them to pick me up a little something. Makeup in Australia is INCREDIBLY pricey, and to ship American makeup to Australia can be even worse.

I took it upon myself to ask my grandparents to bring me back the Lorac Pro Palette rather than ship it here for an extra $20. For weeks and weeks I'd been reading about this palette. A lot of people were talking it up, some even saying it's better than my beloved Naked palette which I found hard to believe at first.

When I received the palette I wasn't overly impressed by the flimsy cardboard packaging. But when I swatched the shades I was swept away. I have a couple of "I'm so in love with you I can't bear to part ways with you" shades, and a couple of "I could probably live without you but I'd rather not" shades. Mauve, Pewter and Champagne are beautiful shades that I will probably have to repurchase when I hit pan, they're beautiful. I find that some of the lighter shades such as cream and light pink need a couple of layers as they're a little sheer but once they're built up they're just as beautiful as the other shades.

Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of the primer that came with this palette. At first I was intrigued that it was white, but upon a couple of uses I decided to go back to my trusty Urban Decay primer.
The shadow formula itself is so buttery and smooth with almost zero fallout when I apply. I'm in love with the formula and wish every eye shadow in the world was this silky.

Overall this palette IS definitely worth buying and probably comes in equal next to my Naked palette. They both have shades I adore and both have amazing colour payoff. If you're looking to make your first palette purchase I'd definitely try the Lorac Pro first as I find that the shades vary a bit more and the formula is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment