11 March 2015

SCENT Bonbon by Viktor & Rolf


Do you have a perfume, or any other product for that matter- that you're too afraid to use? I do. It's this perfume, Bonbon by Viktor & Rolf. In the words of Mary Poppins it's "practically perfect in every way".

I got this perfume as a gift last year in October when my grandparents returned from their annual trip to the United States. Before they left I asked them if they could purchase it as a gift for me as in Australia the price was far too high. Upon their arrival home I was gifted my very own 90ml bottle.

Apparently in the United States, the perfume is exclusively available at Saks (90ml $165) for a limited time. In Australia I've seen it in Myer and David Jones (90ml $210). After some research I've discovered it's available at Selfridges in the UK (90ml£96). You can see why I wanted mine purchased in the States and not Australia.

The perfume itself smells delicious. Boasting scents of Egyptian Jasmine and finishes with undertones of Caramel. I personally love it and find the scent delicious. I do know a small selection of people who believe it's a little too sweet for everyday wear, but agree that they'd wear it as a night perfume. I wear it every other day because I'm legitimately too afraid to run out, especially at the price. I think I'm going to have to buy another bottle soon so if it ever stops being produced I have plenty to last me.

The bottle is also beautiful, a giant hot pink bow completely made of glass bar the nozzle. I think it's classy and feminine in regards of the shape, as well as a bit fun because of the hot pink colour. Not only isn't a pretty bottle of perfume, I think it looks pretty good in my bedroom as a bit of decoration.

I did receive small samples of moisturiser and body wash with my bottle as I believe it was some kind of Christmas gift scent. The scent is amazing, I'd definitely buy a moisturiser or body wash if Viktor & Rolf released a full size version.

No comments:

Post a Comment