15 March 2015

BOOKS February

Remember how I told you all I was on a strict no buy and that I would definitely not buy anything I didn't need? I still stick by that. I absolutely NEEDED these books. In my defence both of these books are amazing and worth every penny.

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead is the last in the Vampire Academy spin-off series. I started reading about these characters and the VA world way back in 2007 when the first book was released. When the series ended in 2010 I grieved the loss of the characters Mead had created. Then came the spin-off series and I was plunged back into the VA world once again. I've loved this series, not as much as it's older sibling VA, but have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the lesser characters from VA. I still have a couple of chapters to go, so the story isn't quite over yet. I'm too scared to finish the book, then it all really will be over. 8 years of dedication, over in 352 pages.

I was here is a stand alone novel by Gayle Forman. Forman became a household name last year when her novel If I Stay was adapted into a movie starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Jamie Blackley. I was here is about a girl called Cody who struggles to find a reason behind her friend's sudden suicide. As someone who has lost a loved one from suicide I found this novel to be a very accurate portrayal of the emotions and feelings a person goes through in the aftermath of suicide. I found it very heartwarming to read my own feelings in a book, recognising that you're not alone in your emotions is a great tool in dealing with grief.

I love I was here and am so far loving The Ruby circle. Definitely worth breaking my no buy. What your favourite book you've read recently?
The topics in this blog post are a little heavy. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, please seek help. Help is always available:
United States: 1-800-273-8255
United Kingdom: 0857-90-90-90
Canada: 514-723-4000
Australia: 1-800-817-569

1 comment:

  1. Happy that I found your blog! Really like it!
    It’s so beautiful!

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete